Friday, December 25, 2009

Merry Christmas!



I hope y'all had a Merry Christmas and were able to spend it with the ones you love! We spent Christmas Eve with some of my family. There were about 19 of us, I think, all stuffed into my cousins home. We had a lot of great food and family time. I am so thankful they welcome us for the holidays!



We spent today at home. It was like a monsoon outside, so I'm glad we didn't have anywhere to go. I cooked a turkey, which was wonderful. I love turkey! We had some sweets too. My cousins gave us a pecan pie and a nut and coconut cake and I had made Treasure Cookies. They are quickly becoming one of my favorites!



 Sadly, Santa didn't bring me a camera for Christmas, so my pictures are still off of my video camera.  The kids, however, were well-taken care of.  Mitchell said his favorite things were a Nerf gun and a transformer he got from Santa.  Hunter really loves his toy CD player his dad got him and a truck given to him by his cousin.



We also discussed the importance of Christmas and how God gave us the best gift ever, Jesus!  Hunter doesn't really understand yet, but he did ask all day if we were going to church.  It's so cute, he'll say 'wanna go church'. 



Tomorrow our best friends are coming down to visit.  I didn't think we would be able to see them, since our van has been broken for over a month now.  I'm so glad they are coming, I have missed them!

17 comments:

Twisted Fencepost said...

Merry Christmas, Nancy!
Hope you have a great visit tomorrow!!!

Cheryl said...

Sounds like you have a good Christmas. It's nice gathering with family during these times.

Merry Christmas.

Tricia said...

Hope you had a great visit!

Tricia said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dorothy said...

I love the holidays and by the time they get here I'm also glad they're over. Blessings and yes remembering why is so important it's not the presents..

Dorothy from grammology
grammology..com

Nancy M. said...

Pretty! I like it!

Buttercup said...

Merry Christmas wishes. Have a great time with your friends.

KathyB. said...

A cozy rainy day inside with loved ones, plus good food too...these are my FAVORITE types of days! Looks like you had a wonderful Christmas together and hopefully your New year's celebration will be wonderful too, Happy New Year to Y'all.

Tracy Golightly-Garcia said...

Nancy
I am glad you had a great Christmas and had a nice time with your love ones. Your boys are so cute!

Best
Tracy :)

Wendy said...

We had a white Christmas... well, there wasn't any new snow, but we still have some on the ground from last weekend.

Those treasure cookies look interesting. I discovered my new favorite cookie this year; chocolate covered cherry cookies. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Tipper said...

Glad your Christmas was Merry : )

Eggs In My Pocket said...

So good you had a wonderful Christmas! Have a wonderful New Year as well! blessings,Kathleen

Narelle said...

Looks like you guys had a wonderful day. It was hot here in Australia so we were eating cold meats and salads and swimming :)

Kristie said...

It sounds like you had a wonderful Christmas! I hope your new year is just as fun! :-)

Shannon said...

Merry Christmas Nancy!!! (I love your new cut) Looks like y'all had a great Christmas. We also were lucky not to have to brave the monsoon Friday. Everyone came to our house. Happy New Year!

Homemom3 said...

sounds like you had a wonderful Christmas Nancy. I must ask though, what is it Hunter is holding in the last picture? It looks almost like a stuffed animal but then it seems he's pulling things out of it.

Viral Khanna said...

http://michaelkorsoutlet12.com/merry-christmas-images-wallpapers-photos-hd/
http://michaelkorsoutlet12.com/merry-christmas-images-hd-wallpapers-with-quotes/
http://michaelkorsoutlet12.com/merry-christmas-top-facebook-covers-pictures/
http://michaelkorsoutlet12.com/